How to play Supreme Baccarat
Baccarat is an extremely popular card game, the history of which has started than 500 years back in medieval Italy. It was considered as the card game for aristocrats for hundreds of years. Nowadays, anyone can find out how to play supreme baccarat thanks to online casinos. In this article, you can find the rules of this card game, as well as some of the most interesting facts about it. You will learn how to play supreme baccarat easily even if you have never tried it before. If you are ready to dive into details about this intriguing game, then let us get to the point!
History of Supreme Baccarat
According to many sources, the game was initially created in Italy over 600 years ago. The author of the baccarat was Felix Falguiere, an Italian gambler. The name comes from the Italian word “baccara” that is translated as “zero” into English since tens and face cards used to have a zero value (and they still do in modern baccarat).
Some people claim that there was a legend in Ancient Italy about a virgin who had to throw dice with nine sides in order to discover her fate. If she received more than 8 points, she could have turned into a high priestess. If she received 6 or 7 points, she survived but was forbidden from taking a part in the community and religious events. If she received less than 6 points, she had to go to the sea to drown. Even this legend is rather sad, it resembles the initial rules of baccarat, where players who would get less than 6 points were considered losers.
Many years ago, baccarat rules were slightly different. Back then, four different dealers dealt the cards. Every player could be the banker. Moreover, each gambler could make bets not only against the house but also against other players. Nowadays, there is only one dealer in baccarat, the house serves as the banker, and you can only place bets against the casino.
Year by year, baccarat gained popularity around the world. Eventually, the game migrated to South America. For instance, it was called Punto Banco in Cuba. In contrast to initial rules, players could not play against each other. Additionally, the casinos acted as the banker instead of players. Later, this type of game became popular under the name “American Baccarat.”
The game was brought to the United States only in the 20th century. It was liked by high rollers and aristocrats. Even though it never became as popular as some of the other card games, it is available both in traditional casinos and online. Any person can play it right now at any gambling websites such as CryptoFairPlay.
Interesting Facts about Supreme Baccarat
Baccarat is a challenging card game with a long history, so there are many cool facts about it. We have listed some of the most interesting of them below:
- Hundreds of years ago, the game was played with Tarot Cards;
- Some researchers claim that the first variations of the games were invented in France during the reign of Charles VIII;
- The very first variations of baccarat were played in the USA at the beginning of the 20th century. At that time, the game had a different name and did not gain much popularity;
- The modern version of baccarat appeared in Las Vegas around 1960;
- The game remains popular among aristocrats. According to statistics, about 70% of high rollers who play baccarat in Las Vegas are people with high education and prestigious careers;
- Chris Tucker's character in a comedy movie Rush Hour 3 mistakes Baccarat in for Blackjack in a European casino;
- Unlike twenty-one, Baccarat is named after the worst hand in the game;
- In one of the most popular movies about James Bond, Casino Royale, the protagonist plays Baccarat.
Supreme Baccarat Rules
It is time for you to learn how to play supreme baccarat now when you know its history. The game is played with eight 52-card packs. All of them are shuffled and dealt by the croupier from a dealing box (which is known as a shoe). It offers one card at a time to each player (face down). The maximum number of players depends on the size of the table (usually it does not exceed 16 people).
No matter how many players there are in the game, two hands are dealt at the beginning. One of them is designated to the banker hand while the other is given to the player. Any player can bet on either hand, with the only exception: the person who is holding the shoe have to either bet banker or pass the shoe.
Let us see how to play supreme baccarat step by step:
1. Cards in the game have the following values: Ace costs 1 point, face cards and tens cost 0 points, and the cost of 2-9 cards is equal to their pip value.
2. At the start of the game, every person must place a bet on either the Player or Banker. Additionally, you can make a side bet on a Tie. In some casinos, there can also be side bets on pairs.
3. As soon as the player makes a bet, the croupier offers two cards to both the player and the banker hands.
4. The biggest sum of points a player can have is nine. In case of it exceeds nine, the player must drop the first digit. For instance, if you get 8 and 7 number cards (15 in total), then you need to drop the 1 from the total of 15. It means that you have five points in total.
5. After the player gets their first cards, the third card is given to players or croupier according to the following rules.
6. If the player or the croupier has 8 or 9 points, their hand is called natural. If there is at least one natural hand, then both of them will stand.
7. In case if the player has five point or less, he will need to get one more card. The hand stands in case if the player has 6 or 7 points.
8. When the player has 6 or 7 points, the banker must draw an additional card on a total of 5 or less. The banker stands if he has at least 6 points.
9. Finally, the total score of each hands are compared. As you might have guessed, the one which is greater wins the round. If both hands have the same score, the games is considered a tie.
10. Your tie bet can win only if the player and banker have the same score. Otherwise, you will lose the bet.
11. Your player pair bet wins if the initial cards in the player’s hand have the same rank (for instance, you get double aces or a couple of number cards of the same value). Otherwise, you will lose your bet.
12. Similarly, you will win your banker pair bet if the first cards in the banker’s hand have the same rank. Otherwise, you will lose your bet.
This is it! Now you have learned how to play supreme baccarat. Even though this game seems difficult at first, you should be able to get used to it rather quickly.
Final Words about Supreme Baccarat
As you can see, supreme baccarat is an exciting game that requires a lot of attention and perseverance. We are sure that you will like this game once you understand its rules. Fortunately, you do not have to risk your money in order to learn how to play supreme baccarat. Feel free to practice supreme baccarat online at CryptoFairPlay! Before playing for real, you can try it in the demo mode, which is a great option for those who want to learn the basics without wasting money.