How To Play In Between Poker
In Between Poker, also known as Yablon, Red Dog, and Acey-Deucey, is one of the simplest variations of traditional poker. This card game is extremely easy to learn, which makes it very popular for home poker tournaments. Not that many traditional and online casinos offer this variation of poker, but you still can play it at some of the gambling websites. Thanks to this article, you will learn how to play In Between Poker and find out some of the most interesting facts about it. After reading this page, anyone should be able to understand how to play it. It is a great game to play with friends but you can find it at many online casinos. So, if you want to learn more about In Between Poker, let us get straight to the point!
History of In Between Poker
Before we dive into details about how to play In Between Poker, we want to tell you about the history of this card game. It has been around for nearly two hundred years. Originally, it was played in the United States during the 19th century. Nevertheless, In Between Poker would never be possible if it had not been for the invention of playing cards hundreds of years ago.
In Between Poker did not gain much popularity in traditional casinos since it was too simple. Experienced gamblers preferred other card games such as poker. Despite that, it became much more popular after the gambling legalization in Las Vegas in the 20th century. The game was reintroduced with renewed rules and gained a new name — Red Dog.
Since then, In Between Poker turned into a well-known casino game. It is not especially popular in land casinos, but it is featured in many online gambling platforms. Most of gamblers have not even heard about it, but many people enjoy it. If you are tired of traditional card games such as blackjack or baccarat, you should definitely try In Between Poker.
Interesting Facts about In Between Poker
This type of card game got extremely popular in culture thanks to its simplicity. We have listed the most notable facts associated with In Between Poker below:
- In 1978, an American television game called Card Sharks was created based on this card game. It is very similar to the rules of In Between Poker. In the TV game, two contestants need to guess if the next card drawn by the host is going to be lower or higher than the previous one. Duplicates are counted as incorrect. Card Sharks is still broadcasted in the United States.
- E.B. Griffin often mentions In Between Poker in his book series The Corps. The books tell about the adventures of soldiers during World War II and the Korean War. Even though the author does not explain how to play In Between Poker, many characters play this game all the time.
- The first electronic version of the game was created in 1978. It was among the earliest computer games written in the BASIC language.
- In 1985, another TV-version of In Between Poker had been developed for American television. The show was called Split Decision but it never actually aired. Contestants of the TV-show had to play In Between Poker and answer various questions at the same time. Every player needed to choose a card to share and had their own base card. The goal of the game was to fit a card in and bust the other contestant.
- According to some professional hockey players, In Between Poker is extremely popular among NHL players. The card game is played all the time during long flights and rides.
In Between Poker Rules
As we have already mentioned, In Between poker is very simple. In order to play it, you will need a standard 52-card deck of playing cards. Before the start of the game, players have to determine the minimum bet. If you are not looking for serious risks, feel free to set it to be equal to the lowest chip value. On the contrary, high rollers can make the minimum bet as high as they want.
Before the action, every player needs to add some money into the pot. As soon as they do that, the dealer starts to deal cards. The first player gets two cards face up. Then, he can place a bet. You only win if your third card fits in between the first two cards. Usually, the bet is equivalent to the original ante but it is not necessary. After the person makes their bet, the dealer will deal the next card face up. If the third card is indeed fitting between the first two, the player wins and receives his money.
However, if the last card is either higher or lower than other cards on the table or lower, the person discards the hand and places his bet into the pot. Then, he discards his hand.
If the last card is equal to one of the two initial cards, the player discards his hand, loses his bet, and adds double his initial bet to the pot. This is called “Post”.
If the two face up cards up are consecutive, the player loses automatically without even getting the third card. If the first cards have the same value, the person wins two chips instantly (the dealer will not even deal the third card).
Do note that you do not have to place a bet. If you do not like your hand, you can fold.
As soon as the first hand is finished, the dealer will continue to play with the next player. The betting options will stay the same for all the players.
If you are playing in a big company, the dealer will run out of cards at some point. In this case, the mucked cards can be reshuffled to continue the game.
How to Play In Between Poker with Aces
In Between Poker has a special rule for Aces. In this card game, the player can choose the value of an Ace. If you receive an Ace as your very first card, you can decide whether it has high or low value. You have to do it before getting other cards! However, when you get an Ace as the second card, it always counts as the high Ace. Do note that a Low Ace is always considered lower than any other card in the game.
Now when you have learned how to play In Between Poker, feel free to actually try it online! CryptoFairPlay is a trustworthy gambling platform that features a bunch of cool variations of this card game. Thanks to the demo mode, you can play hundreds of exciting casino games, including In Between Poker, without paying any money. Simply register at CryptoFairPlay and start having fun right now!